The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Impressions

Go down

First Impressions Empty First Impressions

Post by jt830 Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am

First Impressions World-of-warcraft-312
(keep in mind these are first impresions+ this is my first review!)

Right,
i downloaded the world of warcraft 10 day free trail on 15th june. I have used one charcter and stuck with him for my entire time playin this game. i have done quite well leveling up 15 levels in one day, i have a lot of time on my hands, and am progressing steadily throughout the game.

thats was until quests started dissapearing and armour and weapons became more of a 'must have'. for those seeking to progress their levels higher.

now i have played EVE online and i know it has a steep learning curve but lets get back to basics,
WOW starts you off with a few simple quests and some half deceent amour to get you started.
once you have done all of those the game basically leaves you to fend for yourself pitting you against seemingly unstoppable monster that gang up and beat the s**t out of you. Once you have done the starter quests there is no indication as to what you should or could do next.

I opted for the simple, go kill everything and get rewarded for it while also leveling up. This plan worked for a short while until my armout and weapons became usless against the new monsters i was ordered to beat.
it seems that once you have done the odd couple of rookie missions it automatically assumes that you are more than ready to face beasts 10 times stronger than you.

e.g. i had finished clearing and scouting some mines witch was a relativley easy quest to do. once i had reported back and recived my reward which i spent on a new sword i was then told to go and collect some items which certain monsters held on too. I assumed that i could take on a moster the same lv and size as me, wrong.
afetr 5 seconds i was torn apart and sent to the ghost world.

While im on the subject the whole ghost thing is extremely annoying. yes it gives you ythe chance to go back to your body and rise from the dead not forgetting to brush the dirt of your clothes but it means crossing massive plains in search of your body. and even if you do a lot of the time you spawn right next to the enemies that killed you in the first place, enemies i should metion that you cannot outrun if you are fighting a losing battle. the only other option is to sacrafice you amrour and weaponns precious durability rating which you desperatly need for long quests.

another thing im gonna have a go at is the chat system. you go so a populated area and all you get is hundreds of guild recruiting high level players. You announce a message like 'where can i learn to use bows' and the people either call u 'noobs' or dont answer. hardly any help whatsoever ur supposed to just go and find out for yourself when the map is gigantic.

one more thing b4 i talk about the good bits.
money, this is one thing you will be very short of when you start the game money u will need to buy weapons, skills, armour, and other stuff. the decent weapons are just so out of your price range when you start u feel so depressed when other player walk by with glowing swords and axes. i tried beggeing and askin nicely but both of them ended up in me being killed in duels because i was cocky enough to challenge them.

now that im done ranting,
the game play is easy and 'fun' to use making playin the game nothinng difficult to do.
the graphics are pretty good considering and some of the landscapes are a delight to look at.
not much more to say as far as i can think or of moybe its because of my insomnia and im being deprived of my sleep.
still i like WOW but not as much as EVE because,
A. the ships look f***** awesome.
B. The graphics are som much better.
C. who would win? some-one using magic or someone using a gynormous planet sized ship with 50 lasers and missiles?
D.you get rewarded for not playing the game!!

you cant eget much better than that

Im sure that if i got better at WOW and played it more and progressed further then i would think of it more highly but so far being a new player seems to suck.
jt830
jt830

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post by jt830 Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:07 am

well ive been playin the game for another 12 hours as an orc not a human as things have been a lot easier. I take back the thing ive said apart from the help u dont get.
jt830
jt830

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum