The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods

+3
Jakko
stio_naz
Kenny
7 posters

Go down

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Empty The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods

Post by Kenny Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:22 am

Thank you to everyone who voted in the server options poll. I'm going to keep the poll open for a little longer, so if you haven't voted, there is still time. As the result stands at the moment, we will getting:

a 32 Player Slots TF2 server, with a Tick Rate of 100, (the fastest we can get).
the server un-branded, which means the clan sever is just called what the clan name is, without any company branding.
a 24 slots Ventrilo server and everything will be paid yearly.

I now want to start concentrating now on what maps and mods you would like have on the server. First we need to know which stock maps do you want and don't want. Then please post the costume maps you would also want to play on, with the names and types, plus a link for us to download it and please if you can post a few pictures of each map as well.

Last edited by Kenny on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Empty Re: The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods

Post by stio_naz Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 am

badwater, goldrush, plr_pipline,
Mods
"RTD DICE MOD"
exaggerated_blood_decals.zip

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/maps/teamfortress2brotherhoodofarms/map/category1481.html
you will get nice maps here and cool mods. i want the rtd mod and the extra blood mod.
gThe Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods N1452319601_288590_7705320

stio_naz
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Empty Re: The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods

Post by Jakko Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:32 am

To be honest guys, I think we should have stock maps for the first couple of months, then then throw in a few custom ones now and again, but we need to have badwater, most played map in all of TF2 imo Smile And macgta said something about admin hats, I also think that is a good idea Smile
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Empty maps/mods

Post by Mortal_Man2 Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:58 am

MAPS:PL_GOLDRUSH,CTF_2FORT,CP_DUSTBOWL,PL_BADWATER,WELL (CP),AND PLR_PIPELINE

MODS:RTD DICE MOD

i think that would be a good server
Mortal_Man2
Mortal_Man2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm liking the maps, but not the RTD, I think it could make things abit unbalaced, if theres a player with great luck, Another thing Is this going to be HLstats?
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 am

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Sets-and-reps-really-confuse-me

Ah yes HLstatsX, something which I have remembered while we have been talking about the clan server and I do have a full understanding of, but I do not have the time to sort this out.

If someone knows what to do to sort this out, I would be hugely thankful.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:29 pm

I can someone please do this for me as I have an great idea which I would to try on the clan server.

Most of our UK members will know the TV show "That Mitchell and Webb Look" on BBC 2 and some of them will know "The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar" sketches. Those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

Sir Digby and his trusty sidekick Ginger crusaders for truth and justice, fighting against sinister forces in the great tradition of Biggles, Richard Hannay and Dick Barton?

Or are they two drink- and drug-addled down and outs? Hint: it's the second one.

Dressed as a cross between Sherlock Holmes and a litter bin and with Ginger by his side, Sir Digby rampages, armed only with his self-delusions and a can of export strength lager.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's theme song is The Devil's Galop by Charles Williams, also the theme song for a somewhat less heroic Dick Barton.

What I want to do is take the first 8-10 seconds of the Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Tune/The Devil's Galop and replace the sound you get when you go uber on TF2. So when you go uber, Sir Digby's theme plays and you and your trusty side kick charge ahead fighting for truth and justice, fighting against your arch enemy and the forces of evil.

I can just imagine several pairs people going uber at the start of a round and being startle at first by the sound and then being heroic as they rampage across the map to the gallant sound of Sir Digby's theme. Tell what you think of the idea and can someone please make it happen just to find out if the idea works or not. It just make me ROLF thinking about it.

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Digbyandginger

"Quick Ginger, we haven't a moment to lose! We must capture that point!"
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iron Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:08 pm

goldrush, badwater and dustbowl should be fun
iron
iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Yes i think that Goldrush,Dustbowl and Badwater is a pretty solid set of maps tho we could maybe add Gravel Pit aswell? And on weekends an stuff throw in Pipeline to ^^
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 am

Well I'm not a great fan of 2Fort, but I saw these two modded versions recently and I'd like to try them out.

The first one is called ctf_2fortclassic which is only a 9Mb download and changes inculde:

* Moved Cap Point to sniper sheds (tfc position)
* Raised water
* Removed bridge roof
* Added Elevator to stairwell rooms

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 103286b

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 103286c

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 103286e

The second map goes even farer in it changes. ctf_2fort_revamp (28Mb), in an attempt to alter ctf_2fort to make it more fun and less prone to stalemates, while still maintaining distinctive 2fort features and gameplay.

* Ramps to exit the water, to make it easier for enemies to attack the weakest defensive front.

* A new room in each basement, to help overcome intelligence-guarding sentries.

* New, separate main-spawn exits, to split defenders' forces and help attackers pass the area.

* Vent access from the lower-courtyard to the basement, bypassing common sentry positions.

* A small cross-tunnel in the sewer to break up the long trudge and provide cover.

* Removed supply closets from basement "spawn-like" room for each team.

* Added pathways and hiding spots on the first floor.

* Weakened a common courtyard sentry position with additional cover and a small fence.

* A small pipe/ledge in the sewer so sneaky players can trade speed to avoid the distinctive water footstep sound.

* Ammo in the central bridge area and spirals.

* Health above the grate for rocket-jumpers.

And many other fixes and improvements.

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 101457a

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 101457d

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 101457e

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 101457f

There has also been an update for this mod under the title Alpha 4 release.

* Bug fixes (buildable areas in sewer)

* Minimized each team's basement "spawn-like" room to have only a big health box.

* Halved the ammo at the normal basement location and put the rest of it inside the intel room itself.

* Moved the basement "bank of computers" near the bottom of the straight-stairs in order to weaken certain sentry locations, creating a straight-run gap into the intel room from the "room with a projector in it".

* Put a small health bottle by each team's grating, so rocket-jumpers can take the edge off.

* Added a small ledge in each sewer to help sneaky people crawl without splashing.

* Added a small fence in courtyard to prevent one particular sentry placement from being too versatile.

* Added small ammo boxes to middle of each spiral.

* Added some "pressure doors" to the sewer-room and a non-interactive control valve wheel for them to spice up the area.

* Removed dangling railing and orange cones, some folks were trying to jump on the cones.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:33 am

Two more maps I've just remembered about. arena_2fort (only 8Mb) The arena version of 2Fort makes the capture point the middle of the bridge, and both teams basements have been
blocked off.

The area underneath the center bridge has been changed. The water has been completely removed, and new geometry has been added. Two sets of stairs also allow players to get back up from below the bridge without backtracking through the sewers.

The healthkits have been removed, and only a single, small healthkit below the bridge remains. Metal pickups have been placed in various locations.

The spawnrooms are no longer blocked off from enemy players, and there are no longer doors in them. This means camping/idle players are vulnerable to enemies. Each team still has two spawns, so you may or may not spawn in the same room as your teammates.

The battlements centre-room windows now have bulletproof glass, making them safe from incoming fire from across the map. This was implemented to create another "safe-zone" near the point for each team, seeing as how approaching the centre of 2fort leaves players very vulnerable.

Some minor glitches and bugs have been fixed, such as lowering blue teams sniper fence so that their feet cannot be seen underneath it.

More spawns have been added for each team, so each team can have a maximum of 16 players, for a total of 32 players.

The capture point has a reduced capture time, meaning a team can capture it quicker than most other arena map's capture points. This is by design due to the vulnerability of the capture point in arena_2fort.

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 98876a

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 98876b

The other map I saw is called ctf_cruise_b3a, (18Mb), which is still in beta but looks really impressive and different. He/She/they have done a newer version, (ctf_cruise_b4b - 20.39 MB), which came out about 4 days ago.

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 99470a

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 99470b

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 99470c

The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods 99470f
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am

These maps were feature in this month's PC Gamer and are created just by one person. Some are still in beta, but that doesn't mean we can't try them out. I think CTF_Moonwalk, cp_boulder and cp_frontline would be excellent maps for us to have.

Moonwalk
The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Moonwalk_01

Boulder
The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Boulder_06

Frontline
The Clan Server Part 3 - Maps & Mods Cp_frontline_a1-02
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:38 am

I've just had another fantastic idea for our server, which capitalize on the new update for the game.

Some explaining first: Back in the 1980's to mid 90s there was a daily feature at 11am on BBC Radio 1 called "Our Tune" hosted by Simon Bates. Over the background of Nino Rota's theme to Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 film of Romeo and Juliet, Bates would read a story sent by a listener. The story invariably had a theme of tragedy, often starting with a happy courtship but followed by a disaster such as illness or death. Sad The story would conclude with a record chosen by the correspondent. Although many bemoaned the largely mawkish nature of the feature, it was widely listened to and earned Bates popular acclaim.

I remember some of these shows as a kid and there was some really sad and heart-breaking stories being read out over the Romeo & Juliet theme. I also remember comedy shows at the time doing spoofs and making fun out of it as it has a bit of a cult following.

Here's what I want try and do. In the new update, when the round finishes the surviving players of losing team, now crouch or put there hands up in a surrender motion; begging not to be hurt or harm. Could we have the music from Our Tune played at the end of each round, for about, (10- 15 seconds), as the winning team massacre and slaughter the surviving players without any remorse, compassion or mercy to this sombre and sorrowful piece of music? It will be like the end to a tragic opera with with all cast being dead. A very funny, but dark ending to the round.

Who said killing can't be a beautiful thing?
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viiktooriaa Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:38 am

A really good idea. The song is so good and sad.

Viiktooriaa

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 am

I cryed at that song..... no realy, I've heard that song before and i've wanted to know the name of that song, thanks for that and I love the idea. Oh and I ied about the crying xD
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Viiktooriaa Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 am

Aw, sorry you lied! You barely meet guys which cries ^^

Viiktooriaa

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 am

I can but i don't simple as i have tearducts just like every one else.... maybe i need to get in touch with my feminine side
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Viiktooriaa Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 am

Haha, so you mean you have one? :p

Viiktooriaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 am

Team Fortress 2 Hide and Seek Mod

I like to think that our servers are fun servers and we are not afraid to try new things nor we do the same boring repetitive things week in, week out. This mod something we should seriously look at for putting onto the server.

Darkimmortal's crazy 'Prop Hunt mod' has been out for a little while, but somehow has not come to our attention. The idea is simple: one team spawns as TF2 props, (using the scout class) and runs to hide, while the other all-Pyro team must seek out and identify those props from the rest of the scenery. The end result is hilarious gameplay and can be seen in the below video. Look out for the red chair at 2:46, that guy is awesome!

Steam thread

Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down