The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which plug-ins do want on the server?

2 posters

Go down

Which plug-ins do want on the server?

Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap17%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 8 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap4%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap11%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap17%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 8 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap13%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap7%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap4%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap13%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
[ 2 ]
Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_lcap9%Which plug-ins do want on the server? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

Which plug-ins do want on the server? Empty Which plug-ins do want on the server?

Post by Kenny Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:27 am

We are going to give you a say on which of these ten plug-ins you want to see us install on our server. Poll closes on Friday night and the winning 5 plug-ins will be installed over the weekend. Please read through the descriptions carefully and cast your votes. You can vote for as many of the plug-ins as you like and you can even cancel any votes you have cast, as there are no easy decisions on this one!

1) Killer's Info
Description: Shows who killed you, with what weapon, how far away and how much hp left your killer had left.

Which plug-ins do want on the server? Killersinfo

2) Map Rate
Description: Its purpose is to allow players to rate a map from between 1-5, inclusive, and view the current rating. This would give the admin a good idea to what maps you like to play and so we can get rid of ones that are unpopular.

This in-game chat trigger will display the Rate Map menu.
Which plug-ins do want on the server? Ratemap_rate

If the player has previously rated the map, it will be noted
Which plug-ins do want on the server? Ratemap_dupe

After rating the map, the current rating will be displayed, complete with a nice little histogram
Which plug-ins do want on the server? Mr_maprating3

Naturally, we will probably want to write some sort of external tool that makes use of the data gathered outside of the game and maybe post it on our website. There are instructions in the link on how to do this using MySQL/PHP5.

3) Voice Join
Description: Adds commands for connecting to different voice servers from in-game with a simple command. Preconfigured support for Teamspeak3, Teamspeak2, Ventrilo & Mumble. High dynamic configuration file for adding more voice servers and individual settings. Allows admins to force players into a voice server.

Features:
• Allows players to join your voice server from in-game with a simple command
• Preconfigured support for TS3, TS2, Ventrilo & Mumble
• High dynamic configuration file for customization and adding other voice servers
• Per User configuration for individual logins & channels
• Team based channel support
• Translations supported
• Admin can force players into voice servers
• Multi Targets supported

4) Medieval Fortress 2
Brigade already has mentioned this in a post on the forum and looks like a good plug-in to have.

Medieval Fortress 2 allows for four classes, The Knight is a Demoman. He is allowed only the Eyelander, the Bottle, and the Targe. The Archer is the Sniper. Anyone trying to switch to an unallowed class will be redirected to this tweak on the Sniper. He is allowed only the Huntsman, Jarate, the Razorback and his Kukri. The Berserker is simply the Soldier with all non-melee weapons stripped, excluding the Buff Banner. The Bear is the same with a Heavy; all non-melee weapons are stripped excepting the Sandvich.

The map uses is Redfort, which we know anyway, as we already have it installed on the server, so half the work has already been done for it.

5) Themes v0.8
Dynamically change the theme of maps! Enjoy a dark night, sweeping storm or a frosty blizzard without being required to download another map. Modifiable attributes include the skybox, lighting, fog, particles, soundscapes, colour correction and more. Includes over 14 themes! Will be useful for Halloween and able to change the theme of the map for whatever season we are in.

Which plug-ins do want on the server? StormWhich plug-ins do want on the server? NightWhich plug-ins do want on the server? Dusk
Which plug-ins do want on the server? SpringWhich plug-ins do want on the server? SummerWhich plug-ins do want on the server? Autumn
Which plug-ins do want on the server? Winter

6) End Map Sound
I mentioned back in this post that I’d love to change the end round sound to something that would capitalize the end of round actions of the losing team. When they crouch or put there hands up in surrender; begging not to be hurt or harm.

I want to have the music from Our Tune played at the end of each round, for about, (10- 15 seconds), as the winning team massacre and slaughter the surviving players without any remorse, compassion or mercy to this sombre and sorrowful piece of music. It will be like the end to a tragic opera with all cast being dead. A very funny, but dark ending to every round. Who said killing can't be a beautiful thing? This plug-in may finally make my dream come true, please vote for it!!!

7) Web Shortcuts
This plug-in allows players to access certain websites specified by the server administrator through a keyword or chat trigger. This plug-in acts much like Mani's webshortcutlist.txt, with the main difference being the ability to specify a title for the VGUI panel. So I’m saying that you can access these websites by a menu as well as typing the text into chat.

8 Win Panel for losing team
This is a nice little plug-in which I can see Valve adding to the game at a later date. This just basically adds a little panel at the end of the score next to the MVP panel showing the top players on the losing team. There are times I’m sure where everyone was doing well and was convince that they will be in the MVP if their team won, but lost instead, well it plug-in will prove it for you.
Which plug-ins do want on the server? Cpdustbowl0035cr

9) Show Damage
Shows the damage you have dealt out in the centre of the screen, just a simply plug-in.
Which plug-ins do want on the server? 73879786

10) Sentry Revenge
Yeah we all hate it when we loose a round, and rather than the winning team being sane people and get together to celebrate “Hey guys we won, we won. Good job!” No they have to blow the c@rp out of everyone. All the saviours have to die and these innocent people are crouching in the corner, hiding by the lockers and the winning team comes into the base and wipe them out. You’re dead no matter who you are, especially if you’re afk, the poor guy isn’t even moving. He’s the first one to go. The person who’s afk, KA-BOOM MOTHERF#CKERS!!!! Sad Crit Rocket!!! (6:17-7:12)

So why not have the losing team have some revenge. This plug-in will restore operation of all the undestroyed sentries of the losing team and turns the winning team's sentries against them. Victory comes at a price.

Last edited by Kenny on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:05 am; edited 6 times in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Which plug-ins do want on the server? Empty Re: Which plug-ins do want on the server?

Post by Kenny Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 am

This is too close to call!
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Which plug-ins do want on the server? Empty Re: Which plug-ins do want on the server?

Post by Brigade Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 am

I'm calling it anyway, regardless of how close it is.
Killer's Info is number one.
Medieval Fortress 2 goes on by popular demand for silliness.
Themes are to make Granary stop being bland, lol.
And Win Panel helps those who did well be recognized, even if their team lost.
Brigade
Brigade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down