The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting a PC to a TV. Using S-video/Component/Scart cables.

2 posters

Go down

Connecting a PC to a TV. Using S-video/Component/Scart cables. Empty Connecting a PC to a TV. Using S-video/Component/Scart cables.

Post by BiBi Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 am

Connecting my PC to a TV:

If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO card that has an s-video out which I would like to connect to my TV. I have bought a cable with a component connector at one end and a scart socket at the other. My graphics card came originally with a converter from s-video to component, thus allowing me to use the component cable. I have connected up the cable, run through the various "wizards" supplied by Nvidia and tuned to the various channels that "could" (if it were working) show me an image. Sadly I am not able to see anything and feel like the problem maybe in the cable.

If anyone out there knows if I have missed out anything that could fix up this problem I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks again, BiBi

Last edited by BiBi on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

BiBi

Back to top Go down

Connecting a PC to a TV. Using S-video/Component/Scart cables. Empty Re: Connecting a PC to a TV. Using S-video/Component/Scart cables.

Post by Kenny Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Right lets get this sorted for you.

We need to know what version of Windows you are running, but I'll work on the presumption, that it's Windows XP you have on the PC. Also get the make and model of the TV to us, so we can get the manual from the manufactures website.

There are many computers manufactures (such as Acer, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, IBM, NEC, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, etc.) that have a "TV-Out" via a 4-pin or 7-pin S-Video receptacle on the graphics card. Computer manufacturers has not yet standardized on what jack to use - the 7 or 4 pin jack, so you might need an adapters which is cross-brand and will fit either the 7-pin or 4-pin jack.

In order to be able to see any image on your TV you have to select the TV in the "Device settings". Go to Start; Control Panel; Appearance and Themes; Display; Settings; Advanced; select the "tab" for your Graphics card; select "Device Settings"; select TV.

Before you start, change the display settings to 800 x 600; you need to do this since most TVs will not support higher resolution settings especially on a CRT TV. Also, make sure all of the hardware is connected before turning on the computer; you may have trouble getting the video card to recognize the TV as the monitor after the PC is turned on- the option on some Dells is to change to "Clone" in Nview. But "Clone" is greyed out unless you have the RCA connector on the far end of the "S to RCA" cable, terminated in a VCR or TV.

Connect the "S-Video to RCA" cable or the "Pro S-Video to 3 RCA" cable to the "S-video out" of the computer and to the "video in" (yellow RCA jack) on the TV. NOTE: This step must be performed before you start up the computer. Make sure that your TV is set to "recognize" the RCA/yellow video-in jack; you may have to play with the "aux 1", "aux 2", or "line-in" selections on the TV or the TV's remote control.

Procedure for PCs running Windows XP:

Click on Start > Control Panel.

Click on Display

Click on Settings

Slide the "Screen resolution" area slider bar toward Less until the setting reads 800 x 600. OK, you may not like how your screen looks at this setting after using high-res settings, but you'll get it working.

Click Apply
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down