The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OCTOBER'S RYDER CUP EVENT

5 posters

Go down

OCTOBER'S RYDER CUP EVENT Empty OCTOBER'S RYDER CUP EVENT

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:20 am

So after the last Ryder Cup event we held in August, which saw the New World team (North America) winning their first ever match, they declared their independence, wrote their Articles of the Confederation and are planning to led their forces successfully against the Old World team again.

Also with Europe winning the real Ryder Cup last Monday, I’m sure there’s a lot of pride and confidence going around in 8U at the moment.

This bimonthly clan event will be taking place on Saturday 23rd October at 9:00pm (UK time) and be will under ETF2L mode. As we did in the last Ryder Cup event, you have to put your name down in the steam post or in this forum thread and players for both teams (North America and Europe) will be picked by an online random generator.

Discussions on the use of Polycount weapons continue, and we will announce our consensus at a later date.

We will also be hosting this event at the end of December. The Regional team with the most wins will then be declared 8U ‘Regional Team of the Year’ for 2010. As always 8U members only, and senior and junior admins are allowed to put their names forward, but no clan/scrim team members are allowed.

There will be 11 players and at least 2 backup players per team. The match will take place on our community server (IP:85.23.148.169:27105). Closing date for entries will be Monday 18th at 9:00pm (UK time).The draw for the team’s selection will happen straight after that time and the team line-ups will be announced on the forum and the Steam group page about an hour later.

With having 5 days to prepare for each team, this will give people enough time to nominate team captains and to sort out tactics. The match will only be on one map, which will also be picked and announce on the on the 18th, but please leave suggestions below.

To apply, just leave a comment below or in the steam post (which is listed below), with the country you are from or the team you wish to play for; Europe or North America.

Steam Post:
https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com/clan-news-events-day-of-the-dead-festival-f2/october-s-ryder-cup-event-t383.htm#1693

Last edited by Kenny on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER'S RYDER CUP EVENT Empty Re: OCTOBER'S RYDER CUP EVENT

Post by ZkORPiON Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:47 am

Hello, I am ZkORPiON (same as steam name) and i would like to register for the old world team just like in August

ZkORPiON

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Redhawk Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 am

Cheese Pyro and James the Mental Ghost for the New World team

R.Redhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigade Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Right, officially signing up now.
I'll play New World or Old World, depending on which team needs me most.
Brigade
Brigade

Back to top Go down

Post by Theoz Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:54 pm

sign me up for europe

Theoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down