The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll

2 posters

Go down

Which extra options for the Clan server would you like to have? (You need to place 6 votes for the diffrent options we can have)

The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap4%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap3%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap4%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap0%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap7%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap5%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap3%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap12%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 9 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap7%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap12%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 9 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap11%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap1%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap0%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap1%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_lcap13%The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 76

The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll Empty The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll

Post by Kenny Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Thank you to the people who have posted links for companies which host game servers. I've been looking at them all and I've taken the "Executive Decision" that we are going to have our Clan Server from inx-gaming.com.

With their servers, you get a lot of options and extras to choose from and I need you guys to pick which options and extra you would like to have on the Server in the above poll. The prices are monthly, but we can get massive 25% off, which could be as much as £150 if we pay it yearly. We are having a Standard server from them, rather than a Basic one, which will give us all these features and add ons as standard:

Gameserver Control Panel
Designed for running clan servers only. Developed their own game control panel. Instant powerful control makes hosting team fortress 2 servers easy, they say!

Ventrilo/TS2 Server
We will get a 10 slot Ventrilo or TS2 Server thrown in as standard. With the options available, we can increase the number of slots for an extra fee. This of course this doesn't just have to be used for TF2, as we are "a new multi gaming clan and community, ranging from newbies to hardcore gamers, on all formates and genres." As I keep trying to tell people!

Public As Standard
Team Fortress 2 servers are un-passworded by default, allowing anyone to join! Unlike many other companies, they do not charge an additional monthly fee to de-password a server and open it up to the public. Their game servers are public as standard, at no additional cost. We can however, password the server whenever you like - e.g. during clan matches and so on.

Web Hosting
As you are probably aware, most reputable gaming leagues require you to have a fully-functional website in order to compete in their cups, ladders or league events. As such, they have thrown in a free web hosting account with all the required bells and whistles!

* cPanel Web Hosting
* 10GB Web Space!
* 100GB Bandwidth!
* 100 MySQL Databases
* 100 Email Accounts
* 100 Additional parked/addon domains
* 100 Sub-domains
* 100 FTP Accounts
* PHP5, MySQL4, Linux-based

Map/Content Hosting
Download Core is a service provided exclusively to INX-Gaming customers. Download Core enables high-speed file downloads (maps, sounds, etc.) for gamers when they are connecting to a gameserver. When downloading a custom map, gamers are often left waiting for several minutes for the map to slowly download off of the gameserver before they can get fragging. With Download Core enabled on our gameserver, files (be it maps or sounds) are downloaded at lightning fast speeds from high-speed content servers on the INX-Network. Download Core utilises the power of sv_downloadurl, which is a part of the gameserver that allows file downloads from a server other than the one running the game.

Download Core has, however, become such a success that it has outgrown itself. they are looking to rectify this by releasing a brand-new version in Summer 2009 sporting tons of new world-first features!

Also included with every TF2 server:

Free HLTV/SourceTV
Provide an extra slot to run HLTV or SourceTV (depending on your choice of gaming hosting). Not only that, they also provide 5 spectator slots as standard, so clan mates can watch while we play!

Full Admin Access
Naturally, we can do anything you like with it, as we get full admin. We can also give out restricted admin access to other clan members too!

Mod/Addon/Plugin Support
We are welcome to install any mod we like, and if we get stuck their support team will help. Most plugins are available under one-click install on the Control Panel!

Full Unlimited FTP Access
Essential for allowing you to change configs and upload new maps. Their provide full, unlimited FTP access for us to upload as many custom maps as we wish. again we we get struck their Support team can help us out on this.

So the Package features are:
* Instant Setup
* Technical Support
* Free Voice Server
* Free Web Hosting
* INX Control Panel
* Download Core

And the Control Panel features are:
* Public As Standard
* Full Admin & FTP
* Switch To Any Game
* Fix-Me Tool
* Mod Central
* File Editor
* User Manager

Last edited by Kenny on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll Empty Re: The Clan Server Part 2 - Server Options Poll

Post by Chicken Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:00 am

I feel like a competitive team coming outta this =].

Chicken
Admin

Back to top Go down