The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Website Design

3 posters

Go down

Website Design Empty Website Design

Post by Kenny Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:45 am

I've been messing around this morning on Photoshop and have come up with a design for the website. This is only a concept for the main page. I'd like you opinions please. I've only done it at small scale, cos there's no point doing a large scale for a concept.

It is best if you screen the image in a new browser tab.

Website Design 8UWebsiteVersion1

Last edited by Kenny on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Website Design Empty Re: Website Design

Post by Mortal_Man2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:21 am

this looks AWSOME! Very Happy
    Mortal_Man2
    Mortal_Man2

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 am

I'll be honest it doesn't look the same but it's close to it as i could get, i would have told you earlier kenny but you weren't online most of the day.

Website Design Web_pi10
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 am

I've been playing around in Photoshop this evening and created a L4D poster to promote the Halloween events will be holding on the 30th & 31st October.

If you want to use the original image for the website James or Lewis then let me know and I'll e-mail the file to you or I'll leave it in Dropbox. Which reminds me I must set up own 8U account rather than use the old one.

Website Design 8UHalloweenL4Dposter

Last edited by Kenny on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 am

Website Design 8uhalloweenl4dposter2

I don't want any comments, it was just a joke!
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:07 am

I just couldn't help myself.

Website Design L4DShaunoftheDeadPoster

Last edited by Kenny on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 am

I've got bug for doing graphic work at the moment, so I couldn't help myself from doing a draft design webpage for 'Orange Wednesday'. The problem with it, (apart from spelling mistakes!), is that I think it's too wordy at the moment.

Website Design OrangeWednesdayposter

Last edited by Kenny on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 am

i can do it if you've got the psd file on drop box
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:18 am

right it's done, if you havn't checked your drop box yet. If your an admin you should know about drop box and know the e-mail and pw so you can check it out for your self
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

As a way of promoting the 'Ryder Cup' event, I've been working on this image for the last 24 hours or so.

I wanted to create a retro boxing type poster from the 1950 -1960's, (the Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali) vs. Ernie Terrell is a great example) as this mimics the same art style seen in TF2, as well as ocean liners & maritime posters from the same era.

Website Design Ali-%20Terrell%20flyer

Website Design TCU9831

I originally did this image with 2 real boxers and it was suggested to me, (thanks James), I should used two heavies is instead with the KGB's. I'm sorry James, but the images you gave me were a little bit too low quality, so I redid them myself in-game.

Website Design RyderCupBoxingPoster

Website Design RyderCupBoxingPosterVersion2

So after some finish touches this morning to give it an old and faded look, here is the final image, plus a TF2 spray I made as well.

I just can't can't decide if I like the poster with or without the faded effect! The faded poster is more authentic but the unfaded is clearer.

Website Design RyderCupBoxingPosterVersion5

Website Design In-gameSpray

Last edited by Kenny on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 am

ok i'm gonna create that into a real spray and get it so theres no black out line

Website Design Tf2-2015
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 am

hahaha, the Ryder Cup spray is freaking awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 am

wierdly i agree, the heavy looks stupid intercepting the red box, it doesn't have the syle of tf2, maybe pain strokes maybe tf2 text and the ip is unreadable.
    electric20v
    electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:57 am

Macgta wrote:

1. The heavy has a fairly faint but prominent outline, that could be fixed with some stylized magic.
    2. Needs TF2 stylized additions (visible paint strokes etc...)
    3. You could move the heavy's up slightly, they intrude the red boxes below slightly.

Apart from that, damn good image/advertising; When you're bored, drop into random TF2 server, spray that at fairly prominent parts of the map, leave, repeat; generates some buzz and gets ppl to join. Only issue is without mip-mapping and/or material-based AF, nobody will be able to see that IP because it's too small. If you UPLOAD (dont email it to me, waste of a login Smile) the source file to a file host, give me the link and i'll TRY and do all that, i don't mind if you dont bother but if you want me to, tell me beforehand.

Anwsers:

1. Back in the 60's there were no fancy computers loaded up with expensive software so everything was hand-rendered (literally cut-and-paste, with a craft knife and glue). To honour this, I did a rough cut out of the two fighters using the Pen Tool, trying to emulate how you'd cut them out by hand. That's the effect I was after.

2. It's doesn't need any TF2 stylized additions, again I was after a 1950s - 1960's boxing promoting poster, using the printing techniques of the time, (which also answer the third criticism), and not something necessary made by Valve.

3. Back before printing made it's modern advances, printing wasn't as accurate and the plates used to make up different colors could – and frequently did – misalign to create overlaps or spaces. Look closely at the 'Cassius Clay vs. Ernie Terrell' poster. You will see the two photos overlapping the red boxes slightly and a lot of the text is out of line e.g. the AY of Clay and look how uneven the white text is in the centre red box. Again this is the effect I was after.

Not too worried about seeing the IP as the poster main use will be on the website and the spray/s are mainly to advertise on our servers, as it is a clan event.

I was wondering, you know the 'dog poster' Valve put into the game, which is now plastered over the maps, could we replaced that with our own poster? So we didn't have to relieve on the admin to used sprays.

P.S. Lewis, we got a new DropBox account now, so used that instead of the old one. I've copied everything across from the old account and have tidy it up and rearranged some folders and files. So anything you have done in the last week or so on the old DropBox account, back it up before deleting the folder and from now only used the new account login details, which James have if I'm not around.

All the web and graphic work James and I have done is in there. You only got to sort out what we want to keep or delete from what has come from the old account in the folder called 'Needs sorting out!'
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down