The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMPETITION: WIN COMPANY OF HEORES AND DAWN OF WAR BOXSET!!!

Go down

COMPETITION: WIN COMPANY OF HEORES AND DAWN OF WAR BOXSET!!! Empty COMPETITION: WIN COMPANY OF HEORES AND DAWN OF WAR BOXSET!!!

Post by Kenny Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 am

Here’s your chance to win a new copy of THQ’s excellent RTS game ‘Company of Heroes’ and a copy of ‘Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War’ as well.

COMPETITION: WIN COMPANY OF HEORES AND DAWN OF WAR BOXSET!!! 10131COMPETITION: WIN COMPANY OF HEORES AND DAWN OF WAR BOXSET!!! 3012

To win, please do the following. Go onto our main community TF2 server (85.234.148.169:27105) and embedded in our ‘Message of the Day’ image there are two mathematical equations, which I have put there since I first created the image way back in early December last year.

All you have to do is tell me what those two equations are called and what they are used for? (I’m aware that these equations do have a number of names, so I will take that into account, when sorting through entries.).

HOW TO ENTER
Answers on a postcode or a stuck down envelope with your full name and address and Steam URL & username to: 8underworld@gmail.com

RULES
Competition is open to all members of 8U and the admin staff. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Entries must only be submitted to the e-mail address provided and I will not accept any answers over Steam or Mumble.

Closing date is 9:00pm June 4th (UK time) and the winner will be announced at 10:00pm that night. The winner will be picked by random using www.random.org and must comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. Ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently will be automatically disqualified.

CLUES
Both equations are to do with Geometry. One of them dates from 60AD and is named after a Greek mathematician from Alexandria. The other one is named after a British mathematician who taught at the Royal Military Academy in the 18th Century.

https://2img.net/h/i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/seahawk124/8UMOTDupdated.png

Good night and good luck. Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down