The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Work in Progess

5 posters

Go down

Work in Progess Empty Work in Progess

Post by Kenny Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 am

As this forum is still in the very early days of being setup, I would you ideas, thoughts and suggestions to what you want to see on here. Be patient as the forum will grew by a huge amount in the next couple of weeks and hopefully you will see some of the members ideas and suggestions being used.

There a huge range of sections and sub-section for games, which will be created, so tell me which games you like to play and I'm sure I'll be doing a fairly big console section as well.

Last edited by Kenny on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 am; edited 3 times in total
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Work in Progess Empty Re: Work in Progess

Post by NintendoNinja Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 am

Maybe we could have a section where people could introduce themselves to the other forum members. This would be good as normally introductions often end up in the strangest of places for example the humour section. I mean come on who is really going to pay attention if its not all in the same place?

Ninja Out Very Happy
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:05 am

Thanks for reminding me. I'm planning to create a topic where every member has introduce themselves to everyone, proabaly going to be posted in the "Department of the Dead - Welcome Section".

With their first name, where they are from, country, state/county and city/town. What games and genres they like to play and a little bit about themselves. It's always nice to know the real name of someone rather their "username" on forums and it stops the awkward moments when you ask them who they are.
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoNinja Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:45 am

Great! thanks for that i'd just thought i'd throw that out there as a suggestion if I get any more brain waves on this matter I'll let you know!

Ninja Out Very Happy
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 am

We could have a media section dedicated to the worlds funniest clips and songs, and basicaly a music zone. I think you'll probable allready do this but just in case..
    Jakko
    Jakko
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:44 am

Could include that it the "Funny YouTube videos" topic in the Humour section, (The Blue Casket).

As for music, hmmm I could change the purpose of The Blue Casket and include an area for humour, an area for music discussions, maybe one for TV & Movies discussions as well. I like this idea!
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoNinja Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:17 am

Darn you i was just about to post that idea! A review section for me as i do write reviews quite often. Also maybe even a Match Section discussing upcoming matches and important events like LAN Tournaments

Ninja Out Very Happy
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 am

Technically difficulties that the forum experienced this afternoon have been ratify. I had now paid my $11 to Photobucket to give me more bandwidth on my account, so I can post as many images I like for this forum from now on.

Review Section, yes that's also in the pipeline, but yet again I forgot all about it, (there's are a lot to remember when setting up a forum and some things do slip the mind!), so thank you for reminding me. The "Review Section" will go in the "Rubacava" main section under either "The Cat Tracks", "The Airships Station" or "The Morgue".

Match section, need for details about what you want it to do.
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:32 pm

I think you'll probable do this but anyway, how about a apply section for people that want to join, so the clan dosent recruit 5 year old nuters,

and about the match thing, i think it should include up coming matches wich we need to prepare for (get a team and stuff) and if you partisipate in the match you must ask admin. also it should have a section for past matches won or lost. and a quick review of how it went "good players, friendly ect"

I think iner clan tournemnts should be somewhere else so people dont get confused or lost maybe New info section. Very Happy
    Jakko
    Jakko
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoNinja Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Runamock wrote:I think you'll probable do this but anyway, how about a apply section for people that want to join, so the clan dosent recruit 5 year old nuters,

Look up a bit and it think you'll see that i already suggested this! But thanks anyway!
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 am

What i mean is have an Introduction section and an Apply section. Apply section is for people who want to join and there reason why. Introduction section for new members that want to tell us abit about themselves
    Jakko
    Jakko
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoNinja Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 am

Runamock wrote:What i mean is have an Introduction section and an Apply section. Apply section is for people who want to join and there reason why. Introduction section for new members that want to tell us abit about themselves

Still the same kind of idea but a good one anyway!
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch Fri May 22, 2009 6:12 am

We could have a section where members can post screenshots of them playing their favourite games and some stories they might have to go along with it as well...funny in-game moments (especially TF2), unlockables and even amusing glitches or something we might even encounter during our day-to-day lives as well.

and maybe kenny can have a pic of the week Very Happy
    Sasquatch
    Sasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoNinja Fri May 22, 2009 7:01 am

Sasquatch wrote:We could have a section where members can post screenshots of them playing their favourite games and some stories they might have to go along with it as well...funny in-game moments (especially TF2), unlockables and even amusing glitches or something we might even encounter during our day-to-day lives as well.

and maybe kenny can have a pic of the week Very Happy

Nice idea but we already got this section but thanks for the contribution! Smile
    NintendoNinja
    NintendoNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Sasquatch, thanks again for joining. Yeah one of the first topics I put up was the Funny Screenshots topic, which is in the Toto’s Tattoo Parlour – Screenshots & Artwork section under the Rubacava category.

Some rules about posting funny screenshots:

1) Pictures can be edited or unedited.
    2) All pictures must have a caption.
    3) Nothing too crude or offensive (I've seen enough of those one from PC Gamer), that also includes the captions.
    4) Don't post oversized pictures, (no bigger than 800 pixels wide, if you can help it!).

"Pic of the week" is a good idea, but we need people posting a lot in that topic to make it successful.
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jt830 Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 am

just a quick one instead of bunching together all the games stuff u said u were on about a big consoles section well y not make that into console and pc related forums such as HALO series in a consoles forum and stuff like Left 4 dead u could put in both maybe.

just a general idea guys.
    jt830
    jt830

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

The games sections are for mainly PC games, but if news came out for Halo just for the Xbox, then I would expect it to be posted in the Halo sub-section. The console sections are for anything else e.g. if a new piece of hardware came out for the Xbox or some info on "Little Big Planet" which is only on the PS3 at the moment, the I would expect it to be posted in those sections.
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jt830 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm

ah right u see i was a little confused as to y u would have an XBOX game in the middle of all the PC games
    jt830
    jt830

Back to top Go down

Post by jt830 Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 am

just thinking were talkin about gettin a server from somewhere but could we not just get someone to host a dedicated server for when we need one or would that lag too much?

if not then could we organise some tournys during the next couple of moths cause i no a lot of ppl have finished skool includin me and i am lookin for things to do.

Also if anyone knows of any jobs available near crewe for a teenager whos left skool then plz post them somewhere or email me TY.
    jt830
    jt830

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down