The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8U event- LOCKDOWN

2 posters

Go down

8U event- LOCKDOWN Empty 8U event- LOCKDOWN

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 am

Here's the plan for my event. Every Sunday from 6pm GMT until midnight, the server goes into a 6 hour lockdown. This means server is locked to all but 8U members and guests who know the password. This time is spent with alltalk and crits off, with CEVO restrictions to allow for a 6 hour semi-competitive practice session. Event art is something to be worked on, I'm thinking a TF2-style padlock with the text 'LOCKDOWN' over it.

For those of you that don't know what the CEVO restrictions are, they are as follows-
No sandman
2 scouts max
2 pyros max
2 heavies max
2 snipers max
2 soldiers max
2 engineers max
2 spies max
1 medic max
1 demoman max

Thoughts/comments?

Back to top Go down

8U event- LOCKDOWN Empty Re: 8U event- LOCKDOWN

Post by Jakko Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:23 am

Its a done deal really but we need to alaberate on the event rules
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:50 am

Sunday I think is not a good day, I'd prefer Monday or a Thursday and we called it training session, with as many of the scrim team members as possible.

You can do this as long you organise and run the thing and get as many people on as possible. You will need to ask either Lewis to see if you can or how to set the server up for this e.g. crits off & with CEVO restrictions etc. The lockdown idea is bad, because we want the server to be open, so we can get more people onto it and to not to worry about passwords.

But you guys will have plan it properly, tell us to what you are doing and give enough time to people about informing them to when the training session is taking placed. Not 2 hours before, but a few days at least a week would be ideal.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:41 am

I'm thinking Saturday then if any day, as its a weekend and more people will be available on the weekend. There is a small list of things that will need to be done, as follows here-

1. Stickied thread for Lockdown, like we have for Orange Wednesday
2. A steam group notice or three notifying people of the new event
3. A steam group notice notifying people of the event start at 6pm, like the OW notice
4. Server password locking mod, crit toggling mod and weapon/class restricting mod for server (Lewis NEEDS to do this asap)
5. Server message noting that the server will be closed from 18:00-00:00 on specific day that we agree on (in chat box)
6. Artwork for Lockdown event (lowest priority)

The reason for locking the server is so that we can practice in a competitive environment as a team without having to worry about all the crap with pubbies coming on and taking up slots which we need to practice. Best way to keep it competitive is keep the whole thing orgnaised. Since we have two servers, there will always be at least one open for public play.

As for event rules, there really aren't any, just the typical CEVO restrictions. Join whatever team you like, keep the teams at least reasonably balanced and that's that.

If I've missed anything, let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down