The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs for the server

Go down

Jobs for the server Empty Jobs for the server

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:59 am

Most of this needs to be done at once.

Lewis, Cloudy and myself will do most of the work, if any other admin wish to help out, then let us know.

1) Make sure the admin list is the same on both servers. Also Cloudy needs to be added to the UK server if he hasn't been already. (Lewis, Cloudy and myself)

Senior Admin
Chris/Kenny
Lewis/Macgta
Alexi/Cloudy

Junior Admin
Ben/Demo Chicken
Jack/Average Jack
Mohammad/Stio
James/electric20v
Jamie/StrongMcRapeYoFace
Robert/Roberteliteno1
Darrell/Kai
Chewbacca
David/Dark76
Lindsay: N/A

The only admin id who I haven't got is Lindsay's. But we'll wait till she is back online to decide what we are going to do about her.

2) The rights for the senior and junior group need to be sorted out on the US server, so only the senior admin can ban and unban people.

3) The ban list need to copied over form the UK server at once. I have a few of the id's already, but not the full list.

4) The FPS server details are needed to be found and given to all the senior admins, so we can upload the hatmod, maps etc.

5) Hat mod and the admin hats needs uploading on the US server.

6) Got to change the round timer from an hour per map to 3 or 5 rounds per maps, so it's the same scoring system on the UK server. We know it's a lot better system, than the timer limit we first had on the UK server. (Cloudy & myself)

7) Add the US server to the group profile/page at GameTracker.com. This task involves changing the name of the server to 'GameTracker', restarted the server and then claiming ownership to group profile/page. Once the website had detected the name change, it can then add it to our profile. After it has been added, you just then change the name back to "8th Underworld [8U] | Payload Stocks | USA" and that is it.

Jobs to be done in the near future

8 ) HLSatsX CE on both servers.

9) 'Rock the Vote' mod added to both servers.

10) Donations and 'Donation Package' details sorted out and worked on. (Cloudy, Lewis, Myself)

Last edited by Kenny on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 13 times in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jobs for the server Empty Re: Jobs for the server

Post by Kenny Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Update
Task 1 has partially been done as Cloudy has loaded all the steam ID's of the people who are admin for us to the US server, but the Senior & Junior group needs to be sorted out, (Task 2). I'm still not sure if Cloudy has been added to the UK yet.

Task 6 is done, I've changed the server scoring system, so it will change after 3 rounds and not after 60 minutes. Playing each map will still take about an hour or so, but by doing it this way, the teams gets to play 3 full rounds for each map and isn't cut off half way through. We will see how this works, if we think this is too sort then we can always increase the number to 4 or 5 rounds at a later date and it only take a minutes change the value and to restart the server.

Task 7 is also done, I've added the US server to our group profile/page on GameTracker.com and the widgets for these two servers can be found in this thread.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 pm

Task1 is nearly all done, just need Mortal Man and Irving to be added to the UK admin list, as well as cLoudy if it's not be done yet.

Task 3 I've found the ban list file from the UK server and have copied it across to the right folder on the US server.

Task 4 I now have all the FTP details for the US server, to upload and to change stuff.

Other Task
I've added 'Pipeline' to the map rota on the US server

I've reinstall the map list file, (copy and paste it) from the US server onto the UK server. This won't make any difference really, but I just wanted it the file and it's contents to how it was when we first had the server and was slightly worried about the contents being wiped. Map rota file is unaffected by this.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 pm

The above list is largely redundant now, as we don't have the US server anymore, and Task 8 & 9 are now done.

We've got to test Tournament mode on the server over the weekend to make sure it works and we are happy with it. So I need 7-8 admin to help out and the server will be locked down for an hour or so, while we test it.

There's a few more things that need to be added/improved to the server for HLstatsX, hopefully this can be done over the weekend as well.

Ben is looking at putting the 'live stat' info onto the new MOTD and I have to finish of the Xmas MOTD, by early next week. Again this should be done all done by weekend, so a slightly busy weekend for all! Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down