The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobs for the admin

Go down

Jobs for the admin Empty Jobs for the admin

Post by Kenny Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 am

As from this week, I’m taking more of a back seat position of 8U and not worrying about the day to day stuff. As I need time to concentrate on other things and I now feel the admin are more than capable to do the task. Each Sunday I’ll post here a list of jobs which I expect the admin to either complete or to work on during the week, no rush on many of them. Some of these jobs will be on-going and will take weeks to complete e.g. website building, improving the server etc. and some jobs will only take a short time to do.

Server
We need some form of stats system to properly monitor the TF2 server. I need someone or a couple of people to research what we can used, how much it would cost, what work and set up needs doing.

But really come down to this. Do we used HLstatsX and pay €6 per month (€72 a year) or do we used Psychostats? Which is free and look impressive, but is going to take a lot of effort just to set up and what other stats apps could we used instead?
Answer by end of the week.

I still tweaking the map rota, plus we need to discuss the idea of giving people the right to map vote or not and weather to go ahead with this server donator package idea or not and what to include in it.

Also with the map rota, each map is set at 30 minutes, which works for most maps (CP & PL) as you get 1-2 games for each one. But the system isn’t perfect, especially on Arena and KOTH maps, because people just drop out the server really fast as the games go on for too long. There is a way where you can set each map to change after a certain score is reach. Will have to Google it and we’ll have to agree what score to give to each map. That’s a better system in my opinion, but it just means a bit more back end stuff for us though.

Website
I know this has started already, but I now want to push this area now. Lewis and Ben are the two main guys on this one, but there are a few people in the steam group who are interested in doing some web work for us, (coding, graphics, content). So I need someone to find people who are interested and point them in the right direction, (Stio is good at that). Then drawing up some ideas and getting started on it.

Graphics and Modders
Carrying on from the above I need someone (probably Stio again) to find the graphic artists and modders in the group as well, and ask them in they are interested in doing any stuff for us and if so please point them into the right direction.

Clan Team
Jack is the head of clan team and has kindly taken this area and responsibility of the clan off my shoulders. First off the scrim match for Saturday, I’m sure Jack is way ahead on that one.

I need him to appoint a couple of people too help him out, (shouldn’t be difficult, a couple of people spring to mind), and start using the clan account on ClanBase and over Steam to start setting up matches and getting a team together. Plus working out, researching and discussing how to promote and what you need on the website and forum, especially if we are using ClanBase for ladder leagues and all the rest.

I was thinking, as a lot of clans are based in the US, we may encounter problems because of latency, (lag) and time difference; there were some small problems due to these issues in the clan match and event, which we had already.

So I was wondering if we should have two teams, one to play North America base clans and one to play European base ones. Bit like the Old World and New World teams in our Ryder Cup event. Discuss the idea Jack with whoever you want to help you out, and get back to me on this.

Clan event
We need at least 2 clan events before the next Ryder Cup match at the end of October. Come up with some unique ideas, ever by discussing among the admin or/and putting a thread up onto the forum.

Last edited by Kenny on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jobs for the admin Empty Re: Jobs for the admin

Post by Kenny Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 am

We've got a very busy week, as we are hosting a clan event on Wednesday, a clan scrim on Saturday, plus a few things are needed to be uploaded onto the server. It’s all hands on deck and I need all the admin to help out, so we can get through it all.

Server
Lewis and Ben are getting HLstatsX Community Edition on the server at this very moment in time, as always with these things they are having a few problems getting it to work, but I’m sure they will get it sorted out by the end of the week.

We also got to sort out the scoring for each map yet, I’ve found a site which discusses the system and how to do it, so we got to get onto Ventrilo in the next couple of days and get this completed.

The hat mod that Dom posted on the forum, will be needed to be looked at and we deicide a few things on it. Not an important job to do this week. The map scoring is by far the most important, when it comes to the server.

Clan Event
Orange Wednesday will be happening this Wednesday at 8pm UK time and carrying on till 8am. I’ve already given the map list to Lewis and most of them are already loaded up onto the server.

The map list for event plus all the links which you need are in this thread. I want the admin to get the message out to the rest of the members of 8U and get as many people onto the server as we can for the event. We also got to get the North America members more involve with 8U.

Clan Scrim & Team
The scrim is schedule for this Saturday at about 8pm UK time against =KA=, we got to get the time and maps agreed on a.s.a.p. Jack, you are going to have to pester them in the next few days over this, as we can’t have a situation where the team is given less then 24 hours notice on these things or it will be chaos.

Mohammad, (Stio) is now helping out and organising on the North American side of the clan team and I know Jack is going to appoint a few more admin to help both of them out with the clan team in the coming week.

Facebook Page/Group
Mohammad has kindly set up the Facebook page and has posted the best posts and the most recent news events of the clan from the forum. Goggle has ask to be an admin on there and I’ve agree to that. I now need them to go around to all 8U members and find the ones who are on Facebook and add them to the page and group, plus they will need to post this week’s clan event and clan scrim on there and make sure everyone is aware of these two things. Also I’d be a bit happier if Stio appoints a couple more people to help him out on that.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:06 am

We got a few things happening this week, so all the admin need to help out.

Server
We are getting problems when the server moves over to a custom map as we lose a hell of a load of people, because some people do not have the patients to wait for the game to download and install the map through the server or they may feel the custom map might be a poor one to play on. We all agree that all the custom maps, which we have are excellent and fun to play, so I wish not to take them off the map rota.

So if an admin is playing on the server, please familiar yourself with the map rota and warn people that the next map is a custom map, which they’re likely will have to download. Do this a round before and at the end of the final round. This worked well last night, when they were 20 people on Badwater and only lost about 2 people when we moved onto the No Mercy map. Just give people plenty of warning and tell them they may have to wait about 60 seconds or so, and there’s no need to disconnect from the server. Hopefully this will in part stop people dropping off the server at a fast rate and killing the use of the server, plus our server ranking.

Other things we can do is mention about this in Message Of The Day screen (MOTD, the intro screen to the server) which Lewis is already redoing at the moment, and maybe editing the server name adding in "Stock & Mod Maps" or something.

Also it’s the whole admin team's responsible to try and get as many people as possible onto that server every night. We have shown in the past that it only takes 2-3 people to get 15-20 on there in less than 15 minutes. I’m sure if about 3-4 admin work together every night, than the server would be enjoyable to play on.

Clan Match
The North American members of the clan team are going to have a match this Saturday against =KA=, but this time it will their server, so our will be still open to members and the public. To my understanding Stio is organising it and has a few guys for the team already, so help him out if he needs it, plus we’ll need somebody to video it for us.

Clan Event – Orange Wednesday
From this week, Orange Wednesday will be a 24 hour event, starting 12am UK time. This is so we don’t have a mad rush on the Wednesday night getting people to download and install the maps and enables them to take our time and joining the server when they feel like it.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down