The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

War on Saturday against [TBR]

+2
Kenny
Jakko
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

War on Saturday against [TBR] Empty War on Saturday against [TBR]

Post by Jakko Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:06 pm

At 8pm GMT time this saturday we'll be having a scrim with [TBR] a well known clan for having there 32 man 2fort servers witch i often like to join.

The team line up is as follows PS: This may chnage because i havent actualy asked ameba,joker and cyraio, but hopefully they will play

Averagejack = Soldier/Medic
NapalmFlame = Medic/Soldier
AmebA = Heavy
Spg/Sander = Scout
Cyralio = Demoman
Joker = Scout

This is the team i want to see play, The maps are going to be abit wired tho, Our map is cp_well best of 5 rounds no crits and CEVO rules, However they want to play 2fort most caps in 30 mins and no rules, so sidegrades and random crits are aloud. I no most of you arnt going to be happy with the second map, but it is there choice

For 2fort the lineup will have to change for obvious reason but we can sort that out when we play anyway
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

War on Saturday against [TBR] Empty Re: War on Saturday against [TBR]

Post by Kenny Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks Jack for that. Just one questiion, whch server are you playing on?

TBR's or 8U's?
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 am

i thought he already told you, one on ours one on theres, the one on ours has our rules and the one on there server is by there rules.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

well thats mainly when it's just spamming but i change to dead ringer when it does, i know i hate it but that should help me with the c&d in spamming situations.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 am

Well, Spy is aloud but often "fround" upon unless the spy has got "UBER SKILLZ" and is actually helping the team, Most of the time tho due to it only being 6v6 and there being 2 ememy scouts and a paranoid medic spys targets (Soldier/demos) are really limited aspecially as those classes tho alot of (skicky/rocket jumping) In turn the spy isnt as effective as other classes. We'll be testing out class strategies in this lockdown event thing anyway
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:24 am

Lewis, stop posting pictures of Hitler all over the forum please. We don't want the forum to be looking like a website for the BNP.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Macgta wrote:Yeh, i guessed that; mainly that even "uber" spies such as OMFGninja and pippin! would be sort of useless because (in their videos) they seem to just be doing it purely to get points.

PippiN's tactics seem pretty obvious.. well, for me. I play alot of spy, and read the ESG forum weekly for new tactics, and those are like the "Bascis". I don't say that I'm better, but I've seen better. Also, his videos are BEFORE the Scout update (most of them), people changed alot of them. If there is a server that does't have a M1+W pyro, then it means the server is empty, or the pyro's are idling. And since the Scout/Spy update they also check EVERY SINGLE CORNER for C&D, and start spamming like mad after EACH KILL being affraid of Dead Ringer spies.

My personal Backstabs record in 1 life is 36 persons, wich was done WITH A LOT OF LUCK and having the Occasion to take an enemy teleporter to their spawn.

On-Topic: I'll play. Very Happy

P.S.: Mac, Don't start bi-ing about my english, it's not my mother tongue.
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

I walked across the bridge on 2fort (the home of spamming) and walked it with the DR in hand and it never when off once, if I can apply that skill to the CND i'll be hard to stop, I think that with the DR you don't flinch as a spy as you know you can fake your death but with the CND it's easier to be scared and flinch or recloak and that's what gives you away, if you are dicuising your-self as an enermy spy people are unlikly to shoot you as spys will go back to their own base for health and a rethink if your dicuising your-self as any other class people quickly catch on as other classes are in attack mode apart from medic but you can't dicuise as medic because people expect you to heal them even if your retreating, thats useful information if your a noob spy.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:43 am

@Electric

If you have DR equiped, if you hit people, they can't see you, as your shilloutte doesnt show. If you got C&D/Normal (I use normal) they can see you. Also, DR is COMPLETLY DIFFERENT to the other cloak watches. DR Minuses: Doesn't last much, People know that you are using it nowdays (unless they are noobs), That sound gives you away. DR Pluses: If you bump into someone, you don't flicker. IMO, DR is useless nowdays.. Each time I used DR, everybody was spamming mic like: "DEAD RINGER DEAD RINGER WATCHOUT FOR DEAD RINGER SPY!!". Also, when you kill someone that is using DeadRinger, you may notice that their CORPSE "Jumps", like get very high into air. IMO, not offence, DR is for begginer spies; when you don't trust your "skills"/luck and use DR so you don't die alot.

About medic disguise.. It's actually good now. You can just change to Ubersaw/Bonesaw and start screaming SPY! and run towards them, then do the flickstab and.. oh well.

Best Disguises: Pyro/Engie/Sniper/Spy/Demoman/Medic (Read above)
Worst Disguises: Soldier (Slow)/Heavy (Very Slow)/Scout (They will see that you don't run that fast.)
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am

no i wasn't cloaked i was just dicised it was wierd as no one looked at me twice just let me past, I had the DR so i couldn't cloak and it went so well
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 am

Actually, soldier is among the best disguises.

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:45 am

Why is it?
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:12 am

Soldier isnt imo its to slow
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm

so can a sopy, but because your a spy you an keep up with the other classes apart from scout, a spy can aslo be any where and if that spy has the dead ringter, which is possable they can't cloak and is normal for a spy to be uncloaked, i don't realy think that what you look as it what matters napart from if your scout or pyro discises, it's how you move, you should never follow there backs run by the side of them then as you get close go directly behind them and deliver te killer blow but don't get to close to there back or the hit box will see it as a body slash not a backstab.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:03 pm

NapalmFlame wrote:Actually, soldier is among the best disguises.

If you want to be paranoid, yes, it's good. Some medics will turn into healing you, but you need to watch your back. If the medic on enemy team is decent, he will spycheck you (like I often do).

@Mac - That's why pyro/demo was invented.

Also, we should stop this and start another thread about EACH class on the Team Fortress 2 section, this topic is about the clanwar not about spy tactics. Razz

Last edited by Cyralio on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:06 pm

yh i spy check my team mates as a spy and every other cass but you know what i mean, but the only time you realy have a chance of spy cheking them is if they have the DR as a C&D spy would be cloaked
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:28 pm

No more on it now, If you want to dicuss spy tactics make another thread, this is about the wlan match
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AmebA Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am

By the way, i could play heavy, spy or soldier. It's the same to me. Oh, i'll play XD
AmebA
AmebA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 am

Bad news guys, TBR have backed out, They cant play because They dont want to play our rules, and as he coudn't contact me they have got other plans, So we cant fight tonight, Its not there fault, they just coudnt contact me in time to sort things out
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

'they don't want to play our rules' I don't want to play their f****** s***** rules, but do you see us backing out? F*** that s***.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:14 pm

NapalmFlame wrote:'they don't want to play our rules' I don't want to play their f****** s***** rules, but do you see us backing out? F*** that s***.

True. True.

I was saying that too.. They wanted to play NOMAL, with crits, and all the other stuff. Jack said that they aren't a "Scrimming clan", but since it's a clan, they need to scrim too :\ If they don't they are just a community..
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 pm

I agree with both of you and about thaat "not a scrimmming clan" They never have matches is what i meant, But they should of played really
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloydRix Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 am

Put me up for demo and we will win.

FloydRix

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 pm

JimiHendrix wrote:Put me up for demo and we will win.

=/

Bad news guys, TBR have backed out, They cant play because They dont want to play our rules, and as he coudn't contact me they have got other plans, So we cant fight tonight, Its not there fault, they just coudnt contact me in time to sort things out

Jack wrote that.

And I want to play too you know =)..
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 am

what does he mean by demo? because for tf2 a demo is a reording of movment in a .dem file
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next