The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

TF2 class tactics

5 posters

Go down

TF2 class tactics Empty TF2 class tactics

Post by electric20v Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Ok since we can't talk about it on the battle against [TBR] I though we might as well have a section for the spy, heavy, soldier, pyro, scout etc (I swear it wasn't Jack who had this idea lol). Why not have tactics for all the tf2 charactors. So any useful tectics that might be interesting to know place here.... Or suffer lol nah feel free to discuss tactics and complain about the unlockables and how they ruin the ballence of the teams.

I though (as it's my topic) It would be nice for me to get the ball rolling, The scout is a class that runins the ballence of the teams as in an open area he is very hard to burn blow or detinate, he can also be hard to shoot, He has a very powerful weapon at close range that fires super quickly and has a fast pistol for long range that cn easily take out a level 3 sentry. He has the boink atomic punch that makes him invinsable, because of this drug abuse he can now stand a whole host of fire from every class without a scratch and still have enought time to run away at lighting speed before slowing down and not needing to reammo for the damb thing.

Last edited by electric20v on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why do you read these?)
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

TF2 class tactics Empty Re: TF2 class tactics

Post by Shotorn Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:15 am

(200+ hours of IG spy expierience)
Well, I Shal start then, eh? :]
As a spy there are so many skills that you have to master in order to be an effective sentry killer. The following is a list of these:

STAB & SAP: The most common and the most sure fire way of taking out a sentry. You stab the engineer and quickly sap the sentry before it starts firing on you. Circle strafing helps tremendously.

SAP & STAB: Commonly used if other sentries are nearby. You sap first and quickly stab the engineer. Players new to the spy class might think this tactic is a good way to start practicing killing a sentry. I actually found it harder...

SAP, SAP & SAP: The beginner's way of destroying a sentry. But thic tactic is quite effective against a cluster of buildings. As it creates a lot of confusion, and eventually the engineer won't be able to keep up.

TELE-FRAG & SAP: This is proved to be very effective against engineers bundled together in a confined spot--making a conventional sneak attack harder to pull off.

TELE, STAB & SAP: Can be used when the engineer is already aware of the tele-frag trick. Instead of sapping his entrance, just use it normally--he won't expect you popping up behind him!

OVER STAB & SAP: This is typically employed against engineers who stay and camp their sentry with their backs against a wall. You first get on top, decloak, crouch and stab.

LURE KILL, DISGUISE & SAP: Lure the engineer away from his sentry gun, usually by sapping one of his buildings. Sap, cloak, and wait for the engineer to come and repair it. Then uncloak, stab and sap his sentry.

CAMP KILL & SAP: This is done by camping on his dispenser until the time is right. Usually when you hear an uber incoming, that would be a good time.

AMBASSADOR KILL: This is done by going to the back or side of the sentry, while being out of range. Headshot the engineer to kill him, then you are free to shoot his sentry.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER: This should be done if you are having a hard time doing your job as a spy. Players clustered together with sentries isn't a very ideal place for a spy to sneak into. So kill their teleports and make them spread apart.

STALK, STAB & SAP: Wait for the engineer to leave the safety of his sentry, then stab him when you can. This is useful against engineers who never stand still.

KILL ENGINEER WITH SENTRY: This isn't really very practical, but there are very few situations when this tactic will be doable.

Well, I hope this could be helpfull. Wink

Shotorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Slendermanne Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 am

You forgot the Shoot, Cloak, Run, Disguise, Repeat; and the Stalk, Shoot, Cloak, Take Another Route, Stab.

Now, my "turn." (400+ hours gameplay [nerd :O]). I'll explain "defensive" thinghies (they will help you live longer):

1- Cloak Illusion = If someone spotted you, the best way to do it is this. You cloak, play that you right, when you see that you are FULLY CLOAKED quickly turn another way. Most of people (*points at random russian guy*) will stalk the "fake" you.

2- Stab-Miss = If you miss a stab, quickly cloak and run, rather than trying to stab again and again. If you are low on health, decloak somewhere, and start Revolver-spam/Ambassador-spam the target. You'll eventually kill him, or get assist points.

3- Dead Ringer = Yes, this cloak watch MAY be not that usefull now, but when there's a pyro pissin' you off, this is just perfect. The way to do it isn't just "right click, wait to get hit, hide, decloak, go stab". Dead Ringer is just like an.. art? The way you should do it is quite.. strange, you may find it. There are 4 steps to follow: Run like an idiot until you see enemies; Right click and try aproaching them (If theres a pyro, wait until on fire.); Find a Medium Ammo package/Large ammo package; Decloak before picking it up. DR removes 60% of your cloak if you have above 40%.

4- Camp (Do not use CnD please >_<) = Hide. When you see a bank of hubbards going towards your friendlines, try getting among them, and when someone starts shooting, stab as much as you can, and then repeat.

5- Cowardly Type (Camp'n'dagger) = Self-explanatory. You just stand still in one place and let your team do all the work. End of story.

This is all I can currently think of.. Maybe I'll update later.
Slendermanne
Slendermanne

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:20 am

Invisable spot;
A rare tactic but I can always trust this move. The ambasidor is very accurate so go to a possions where you can see the engie's head but the sg can't see you then it's as simple as shoot 1 in head then again in head or body then go and zap.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Spybait Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 am

I'll have a go then...

Medic (3 days experience)

1.) Heal everyone

There.

Spybait

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 pm

My turn Smile

Soldier (140ish) hours

1: Spam a point and hope you get a kill

2: Use your head and get a high advantage to pick off enimies

3: Be a medic defender (Soldier are the best class when it comes to protecting medics, because they dont have to wait seconds before they can shoot, unlike the heavy's spinup)

For more advance uses of the soldier you could try

1: Bouncing, Its when you aim at an ememy's feet, launching them in the air and shooting them whylst they are still flying (Bouncing isnt airshotting people its actually very easy, ememys only go a couple of meters in the air so its quite easy to predict there movments.

2: Rocket jumping and death from above (Self-explanatory)

3: You could try (what i like to do) rocket jump off a wall (this give greater high and speed) then flying over to their base with next to nothing HP and giving an unsospecting medic the ace of spades Smile
(Hit them in the head with a shovel)

The soldier may seem boreing and dull to people, but when you get to around 50 hours ish and you've learned how to play and execute the ultimate death from above techniques and airshotting, Imo its the most fun class to play

For people that want to master soldier play the map "ctf_bball" and you will get the hang of it bball, It will improve your prediction, twitch aim, muslce memory, and rocket jumping
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 am

One thing Jack didn't mention is abuse your big blast radius. Shooting a rocket round a corner when you know someone's going to be there is still effective, even if it is only a glancing hit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down