The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty News

3 posters

Go down

Call of Duty News Empty Call of Duty News

Post by Kenny Fri May 01, 2009 10:29 pm

The second downloadable map pack for "Call of Duty: World at War" will hit PlayStation and Xbox 360 in June.

As with the first pack, the download will deliver a total of four new maps, with three--Banzai, Corrosion, Sub Pens--for traditional competitive multiplayer and the fourth, "Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp)," expanding the cooperative Nazi Zombie mode.

The add-on will also bring ten new Xbox 360 Achievements and PlayStation 3 Trophies.

Pricing and the possibility of a PC release were not mentioned yet. The first map pack sold for $10 on consoles, and arrived as a free download for PC players weeks later.

Activision's brief, though informative, descriptions of the new maps follows:

"Online, players will compete in "Banzai," and fight for control of a tall, river bridge, deep within enemy territory; face down foes in a shattered Russian train yard in "Corrosion"; and struggle to control a bombed-out submarine base in the close-quarter map, "Sub Pens." In "Shi No Numa" (Zombie Swamp), Imperial Zombies rise from misty swamps in an all new co-op experience, with a level that features a mix of traps, flaming Hell Hounds, Perk machines and the deadly, new Wunderwaffe DG-2, as well as 10 new Xbox 360 Achievements/PS3 Trophies that can be earned along the way."
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty News Empty CoD: World at War Maps Pass 2 Million Downloads

Post by Kenny Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Call of Duty News World-at-War-4

Activision today announced that the first map pack for Call of Duty: World at War has recorded over two million downloads.

The $10 pack already broke records in March when it surpassed 1 million downloads in a single week. A second map pack, set to include even more zombie content, is set for release in June.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty News Empty Re: Call of Duty News

Post by Kenny Tue May 12, 2009 12:54 am

Sneak Peak at CoD Modern Warfare 2!

Infinity Ward and Activison have release another teaser trailer for Modern Warfare 2, this time with actual gameplay footage. What I can make out, there will be Arctic, underwater and snowmobile missions!

It will be first shown on May 24th during the NBA Eastern Conference finals, with the game being scheduled for release on November 10th.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty News Empty Call of Duty: WaW Map Pack #2 Arrives Today, (but only for the PS3 & Xbox 360).

Post by Kenny Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Call of Duty News 1_zombie-8

The second downloadable map pack for Call of Duty: World at War will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players today, developer Treyarch has announced.

Priced at 800 Microsoft Points ($10), the June 11-due download adds four new multiplayer arenas to the war-centric shooter. Three of those--Banzai, Corrosion, Sub Pens--are for traditional competitive multiplayer antics, with "Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp)," bringing new content to the Nazi Zombie mode.

No word yet as to if or when the maps will arrive for the PC, (more like when imo). The first map pack was released for the PC, a few weeks after it arrived on consoles. So I reckon at, most a 3-4weeks.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty News Empty Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack 3 Announced

Post by Kenny Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Treyarch has announced a third map pack is in development for its WW2 shooter Call of Duty: World at War, scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in August.

Call of Duty News 944198_20090720_790screen003

The map pack contains three new multiplayer arenas--Battery, Revolution and Breach--as well as one new map for the zombie mode titled Der Riese--'The Giant.'

No price was stated, though the two previous packs each cost $10 (800 Microsoft Points). While Treyarch made no mention of a PC release, such was the case with the previous map pack--which arrived on PC for free five weeks after the console release. So expect the same sort of time frame.

Last edited by Kenny on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has made the news today, and not for the right reasons!

Call of Duty News ModernWarfare2-Screenshot1-1920x1200

Activision have set a price for COD6 at £55 instead of the regular £45 for most other new releases. You can read the full story at the BBC Newsbeat website. But what gets me is there "interview" Gray, an eighteen-year-old from Islington, London. Who doesn't care about the price and says he'll definitely be buying it.

"I know we'll still buy it because once we've got the game you can't stop playing it. £55 is a bit too much though, so a lot of people will take longer to buy it. But, me personally, I'll buy it because there's no better game than Call of Duty. I know that for a fact."

Well if you live in Islington, then money isn't really a issue is it Gray? You dumb@ss! £55 could also get you either a decent HDD, soundcard or set of speakers. You can get a multifunction printer for that sort of price!

Call of Duty News ModernWarfare2-Screenshot3-1920x1200

For something which more relevant to us, they also "interview" Chris, (I like this guy already!), who's 25 and from Bromley in Kent, says he's going to wait for a secondhand copy.

"Why should that be much more than the rest of them? I think £45 itself is tops," he said. "Considering that CDs and DVDs have all come down in price over the years as technology's progressing, it's funny that games haven't. I'll probably still get it but I'll get it pre-owned."

Call of Duty News ModernWarfare2-Screenshot11-1920x1200

Well guy £55 for the COD game, it is worth it? Or do you buy the Prestige Edition version, which comes with a real pair of night vision goggles, all yours for £119, (PS3 version), from HVM

Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dark76 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Lol £55 for a game. Thye need to seriously get real. The most you should pay for a game is £40, its not worth any moer than that wahtever it is. Rather than trying to give players value for money, the dumb f***s have just set a high price. Seem to have no idea theres a recession, retards.

dark76

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakko Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 am

Who on this planet would spend that much on COD... And anyway i dont think it will be half as good as COD4... COD5 was pretty much just a remake of 4 with added ZOMBIES! wow...... Nothing special.. And 55£ for a few extra weapons and "infentry" no chance... However i think that once they release it and then reliase what a f*ck up they've done the price will drop...
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 am

dark76 wrote:Seem to have no idea theres a recession, retards.

Even Microsoft knows, we are in a world recession and are offering cheaper download versions of Windows 7 for limited time.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty News Empty Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus Package'

Post by Kenny Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:38 am

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's upcoming 'Stimulus Package' has been revealed.

The Stimulus Package contains five maps, two of which are reworked Call of Duty 4 maps. The DLC is due to hit Xbox 360 on March 30 for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), coming to PC and PlayStation 3 at an unknown later date.

The Stimulus Package delivers 5 additional multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations: "Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex; "Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery; "Salvage," a snowy junk-yard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars.

Two favourite maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will return, including "Crash," and "Overgrown". Very Happy

But no Chinatown, yet! Sad

Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down