The Eighth Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER

4 posters

Go down

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER I_vote_lcap38%CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER I_vote_lcap62%CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER I_vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER Empty CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER

Post by Kenny Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 am

I've been making these two design concepts for the 'Message Of The Day' (MOTD) over the last couple of days and I can't decide which to choose to install on the server for the Christmas period. So I've decided that you people will decide instead. Both designs are NOT a final version and some things will undoubtedly go through changes, but I need to know which one to proceed with.

Example 1

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER 8UMOTDChristmas-1

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER 8UMOTDChristmas1Fullboard

Example 2

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER 8UMOTDChristmas2

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER 8UMOTDChristmas2Fullboard

Last edited by Kenny on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

https://eighthunderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER Empty Re: CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER

Post by Jakko Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 am

I think example 2 looks better, It is more christmass themed and more fun to look at.
Jakko
Jakko
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER Empty Re: CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER

Post by Mortal_Man2 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 am

i agree with Disaster

Merry Chrismas to y'alls who respond to this topic! santa

Last edited by Mortal_Man2 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPELLING ERROR)
Mortal_Man2
Mortal_Man2

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

I prefer exaple 2 but it blows you back a bit with the blue, just tone that down a little? the only problem is when it's up we'll see it all different sizes because of screen res, just watch out.
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:44 pm

electric20v wrote:I prefer example 2 but it blows you back a bit with the blue, just tone that down a little? the only problem is when it's up we'll see it all different sizes because of screen res, just watch out.
I'd love to try to change the blue of the sky in on the background image for the second example, just only to try it out and see if something works better. Unfortunately I didn't save the updated PSD file for the background image, when I finished cutting out all the characters and shadows before saving as a PNG file. So I would have to go back and redo about 50% of the PSD image again, (ground snow, snow flakes, and doing most of the cutting out again), which is too much do just to see if a lighter blue would work better. Sorry I messed up there with not updating PSD file. But all the text and side bars I can still edit.

When I (I mean Lewis or Ash) code the image to the server, there is a way of getting the image to fill the space no matter the screen size or res, without you having to scroll to see all the image.

I've done both images at a size so it scales down to 1024x768 without scrolling, hopefully!. This way 98.3% of all Steam gamers will not need a scrollbar to see the whole image, which allows for a nearly seamless transition. Yes a bit of the quality is suffered as you scale up, but you won't notice the lost too much unless you have a 26+ inch monitor.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by electric20v Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 am

CHOOSE 8U'S XMAS MOTD FOR THE SERVER Irule10

Well from what I was given/stole I think i'm a good editor but will it pass mac's standards?
electric20v
electric20v

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:06 am

Second image was finish off over the weekend and is already uploaded onto the server, thanks for the comments guys.
Kenny
Kenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down